i've spent a lot of my life on the fringe of society.

free time spent chasing dreams that may or may not come true.
regretting nothing, because all choices and pursuits have led me to this simple life.



Monday, July 5, 2010

Ode To Turner, bub


Spent the last few nights in Turner, visiting family, and pounding down too much Yuengling.
For those not privy to the wonderful brew, get thee to New York or PA and try some. It's not sold in New England. My parents were able to find some, though.
To quote Beerfest,"It's so good, I want to freeze it, then ice skate on it, and then thaw it and drink it in the springtime!"

You know, it's funny. I've been tenting now for a week or so, and hadn't seen any wildlife, except for a lot of bugs....until I went to Turner.
Woke up this morning around 3:30, walked into the house to get a drink, looked down at my tent, and my headlight shone on a coyote right in front of my tent. Crazy. It had been less than a minute ago that I exited my tent. I wonder- if I had turned around on the short walk up to the house..would it have been right behind me??

I always joke about my hometown, because for such a small town, it seems to find it's way into the news an awful lot.
There's murder. There are mythical beasts. There's motorcycle gang violence.
There's even a Turner Triangle.

I figured I would share a few links to get you up to speed on my old stomping grounds...

For evil beasts: click here. and here

For motorcycle gangs: click here

For Sasquatch and the Turner Triangle(highly recommended lol): click here

For murder: click here

Turner is great, with it's rolling hills, awesome roads(except for 219 into Leeds), infinite lakes, and endless snowmobile trails. It really is a training mecca...and growing up there is how I turned out to the way I did. Always a great visit.

Good Times. Thanks for reading.
krp

2 comments:

  1. Kale, you gotta watch out for those Norse connections. Say hi to Loki for me if you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two Words...."Hammer Down" Great to see you this weekend bud, can't wait til the next visit!

    ReplyDelete