i've spent a lot of my life on the fringe of society.

free time spent chasing dreams that may or may not come true.
regretting nothing, because all choices and pursuits have led me to this simple life.



Monday, November 29, 2010

To Do



There's a To Do List about a mile long, sitting right here next to the computer.

First on the list: Find a Job.

I'm learning first-hand the meaning of balance.

The Quintuple Iron is over, and I'm confronted by the harsh reality of "What now?"
I spent most of 2010 focusing on the race and making it my top priority.
Now that it's over and done with, I'm a little lost to be honest.
Moving up to the Deca for next year is a no-brainer, but unfortunately solely racing doesn't pay the bills.

I've been in the retail machine long enough to know that I won't be doing that anymore. No more salary jobs that require 60+ hour weeks, phone calls at home on days off, and bosses that frown on having a life outside of work.

The goal then, I guess, is to find a job that let's me punch the clock, and leave work at work. I show up, work hard, and go about my life when the shift is over.
Again with the keeping life simple.

As far as the TentMan life....due to the Maine winters, I won't be spending a lot of time in a tent the next couple of months. I do, however anticipate many a night in my rustic camp in the western mountains of Maine. The amount of hiking, trail running, snowshoeing, and skiing to be done there is ridiculous.
Stay posted!

krp

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great spot for a training camp! Your kind of job, no? :-)

    ReplyDelete